The Office of Commissioners Court Administration was created by action of the Nueces County
Commissioners Court in 2006 for the purpose of providing administrative support to the County Judge
and four County Commissioners. The Director of the Office of Commissioners Court Administration is
appointed by the Commissioners Court.
The Office of Commissioners Court Administration assists the County Judge and County Commissioners
in the performance of the functions and activities that are necessary for the effective operation of
County Government. Areas of responsibility include:
- Coordination with other county departments and offices in overseeing and implementing the
directives of the Commissioners Court.
- Development of the Commissioners Court meeting agendas and supporting documentation, and
assisting the Court in formal meetings through the presentation of various materials and
information. Maintaining records and overseeing the appointment process for 38 Nueces County
- Preparing the County's annual proposed budget for the Commissioners Court's review and
discussion in Budget Workshops, ensuring proposed ad valorem tax levy information is properly
presented to the public through notices and public hearings in accordance with truth-in-taxation
requirements, and presenting the annual proposed budget and tax levy to the Commissioners Court
for formal adoption.
- Working closely with the County Judge in implementing the annual budget, monitoring expenditures,
approving purchases and investing funds to ensure sound fiscal management of county funds and
- Serving as liaison between Nueces County and other governmental entities, private sector groups,
business/industry leaders and non-porfit organizatons in order to maintain a presence in regional
and state matters.
- Representing Nueces County interests before state legislative committees during sessions of the
Texas Legislature and interim periods and acting as liaison to the Commissioners Court on all
legislative issues as well as maintaining ongoing contacts with the local legislative delegation.
- Serving as Public Information Officer in coordinating public relation activities such as
preparing and distributing news releases, speeches and other official county documents and
publications, and organizing news conferences on behalf of the Commissioners Court.